With a year of packed work and volleyball travel meaning we had very little time home together - much less a chance at a date night - we decided to tack a quick trip to Disney World's Food and Wine Festival in front of one of John's work trips in October. The first afternoon/evening we enjoyed the Boardwalk area and Epcot, tasting and drinking our way through the festival. That purple drink is Kansas City Boulevard Brewing Co. Ginger Grape Fizz Selzer and it was tasty. However, I thought I had ordered a sampler size and since my first drink was a full size fizzy drink, I ended up ordering very little else the rest of the day!
We stayed one night at the Dolphin Hotel and ended up with a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. I didn't realize that was possible from the Crescent Lake area and was very pleasantly surprised. On the second day we hit up Magic Kingdom for a bit to see the Halloween decorations and ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure via Virtual Queue (our first time) and then over to our favorite park, Animal Kingdom, to wrap the day, before I had to head home for a weekend of volleyball!
I absolutely hated the beignets! They were floating in a pool of honey. I've had beignets before and never had honey so didn't realize that was a traditional presentation. It was so messy and overly sweet.
A bit of a giraffic jam on our safari! When we got off the safari, we made our traditional stop to see the gorillas and I was laughing at the long-legged bird perched on top of the under water hippo!