Saturday, November 30, 2024

Dubai - Desert Safari

Our Thanksgiving dinner was a sunset desert safari!  This was the same tour, Platinum Heritage Safari, that I did on my prior trip, so I knew exactly what to expect from the company.  What I didn't know was how much William would be all in!  He loved it.   I thought he would like it but he tried everything and had a smile in all the pictures!   His only regret was wearing the shorts because he ended up getting some bites on his legs that itched the rest of the week.   So glad we got to do this; our most memorable Thanksgiving ever, and we didn't even have to eat turkey!







After the sand jeeping, there was a falconry exhibition and then they took us to the camp for dinner and the show.   We rode camels before dinner.  It was just as awkward as I remember from my prior ride in a strip mall in India!  I did not ride the camels with my friends last year.   Our jeep of six people fit on the camels which were all tied together and walked around like a pony ride.  Except to get down was quite a production.  I won't post that video.