Saturday we trekked downtown to the Portrait Gallery to see the photo below, which is from one of my favorite TV shows, "The Colbert Report." I'm not sure if it's a product of the writer's strike or just someone's clever idea, but the show did a series about coming to Washington and meeting with museum officials to get the picture in the Smithsonian American History Museum (declined). The National Portrait Gallery went along with the joke and hung the photo just outside the Hall of Presidents -- in a hallway to the restrooms. The real joke was that there was a line of people on Saturday waiting to photograph the portrait! I didn't stand in line to take a close up photo; I just stuck my camera over the line as I walked through. Though I did see it up close when I went to the ladies room later. . . .
We also visited the National Building Museum which has a very dramatic grand hall that gets used for inaugural balls. They had displays about the building of Washington D.C. the city and the also monuments/mall area which were both neat to see.

And finally, no trip into the city would be complete without dining out. We enjoyed a visit to Rosa Mexicana for fresh guacamole, a margarita, and some tasty Mexican fare. Another successful Saturday!