Last year as the 2007 holiday season approached, I was trying to find the perfect Washington D.C. gift - something that we would only get here and could really represent this special time in our lives. It wasn't as easy to come up with as getting college sweatshirts during freshman year. I finally settled on the official 2007 White House Christmas ornament. And I fully intend to head over to the White House Visitor's Center in the next few weeks to pick up the official 2008 ornament as well. However, Jason and I have an unique souvenir in the works this year that we're excited to reveal. . .Rachel is getting a baby brother or sister in May!To answer the most asked questions:
1. "Are you joking? I thought you weren't ever going to get around to having kid!" Nope, it's for real. We're 16 weeks into the 40 weeks of pregnancy.
2. "How are you feeling?" Pretty good now. Normal first trimester nausea has passed, and not too many meals were lost.
3. "Isn't May when you're moving again?" Yes, at least it was. Now we'll probably stay here in D.C. for an extra month or so. Hopefully we can get a house hunting trip in before the baby arrives and will be in the closing process during May and be able to move in late June or early July at the latest.
4. "Do you know what it is yet?" Yes, it's one baby! We've seen that for sure. In another 3-4 weeks we'll have another sonogram and hopefully the baby will be cooperative in revealing his/her gender.
5. "Have you thought of names yet?" Not really. We're waiting on the answer to #4 so we can eliminate 50% of the potential choices.
6. "Will you still blog about your travels once you have a kid?" No, probably not! If we aren't traveling anywhere, I won't really have much to blog about! But, I'm sure we'll have plenty of blog fodder about life in our new home with the new baby. And, we've still got a few months of travels before baby arrives. . . .