I think Mandi and I are in a contest to see how many states we can take our kids to - somewhat luckily for me, mine is easier to travel with right now, since I don't have to pack a car seat or stroller or wrestle with a wiggly infant.Baby is well on his/her way to 10,000 frequent flyer miles for 2008. We've already had 3 trips to/from O'Hare and are mid-trip in Scottsdale, Arizona currently. Luckily we have had or will have aisle seats on all of our trips except for an unlucky window seat on a full plane to Phoenix on Sunday. (Since not everyone is an accountant, let me do the math for you: 5 hours + 1 baby in utero + 3 bathroom breaks = 2 annoyed seat mates.)
I'm in Scottsdale this week to teach at national training for the firm's 3rd and 4th year tax professionals (i.e. seniors). I really enjoy teaching and the students seem interested in the topic (financial instruments).
Not to be my Grandma Leona, whose farm instincts required her to record the weather conditions daily in her journal, but I would like to discuss the temperature: I spent last week working on a client project in Cold Chicago, so Sunny Scottsdale is a real treat! The average temperature last week was in the teens due to the snow and wind, so the gorgeous 70 degree weather here is almost unbelievable! (It was 35 and rainy in Washington when I was there on Saturday, so not a great compromise. . . .although being home with Jason and Rachel is worth at least 10 degrees! :-))
(To clarify, the picture is from a Scottsdale tourism website since I didn't pack my camera, but I did see similar views from the resort and to/from the airport.)