I had my 28 week appointment this morning (even though I'm 29 weeks in a day). This meant it was time for the glucose screening. I was a little worried about drinking grape soda at 8 a.m., but it turned out fine. The flavor was actually fruit punch, and it tasted fine going down. It was cold, and I was thirsty. The real hit came over the next hour as the highly concentrated glucose syrup was raging through my body awaiting the blood test (and later some water and a carb snack to soak it all up). Most of you know my fondness for the sugary cocktails when I'm not pregnant. This was like having 3 or 4 sugary martinis at a happy hour! (Desiree, it was almost a Red Vine moment! :-)) Then, I was a bit dehydrated, so the blood draw was going slowly. . . .but, I survived! And baby sounded great during our regular exam. Heartbeat was about 150.The 29 week fruit/veggie on Baby Center is the butternut squash - the equivalent of 2 1/2 pounds of baby. Considering I've gained 18 pounds, this seems like a pretty small portion of it being baby! :-)
{Sidenote: The newest Angelina Jolie movie, "Salt" is doing some early filming in D.C., and I happened upon the scene as I exited the metro this morning. When it hits DVD in 2 1/2 years, I'll have to rent it. :-)}