Saturday, May 8, 2010

Driving the Truck

Will has learned an important driving lesson this weekend: trucks are much harder to manuever than sports dogs. Yes, I said dogs. He's been running behind his puppy push toy for a week and deftly manuevers it around all obstacles (that he chooses to avoid) to do laps through the house. Today, with the puppy upstairs, he tried to push his truck instead. It was pretty frustrating for him when it wouldn't corner, so I showed him how to ride on the truck instead. He quickly figured out how to get off and on. . .and off and on, and had a fun time! I feel like my camera is too slow to catch all of his great smiles. So many of his pictures end up with the face below. It was a huge funny grin just seconds before! The brown part is the seat that lays down, but Will preferred it up so he had the opening for his feet as he climbed in. With the seat down, it was a little too high to get his leg over.


And, yes, although it was 50 degrees outside, he was traipsing through the house in a diaper and t-shirt. He had on pants on socks earlier, but he's tough to keep still long enough to redress after a diaper change. I just feel lucky to get the diaper on!