Well, how about that?! My first Mother's Day! I only had to wait 11 1/2 months! (Or 31 years, 10 months, however you're counting) :-) I never imagined how much I would love being a mom to Will. There is no denying the maternal instincts that take over and how intensely you can love and feel an overwhelming need to protect one little person without even thinking about it. If you're a parent, you know what I mean. If you aren't, I probably can't explain it. No one could ever convince me how much it would change me. :-)
Mother's Day! Our self-portrait after our swim with Ryan at his YMCA
Today is about the little guy who means I am a mom and the big guy who made me want to be a mom and who is such a great dad. Unfortunately Jason is traveling this weekend/week/month, but I hope that means he'll be home on our anniversary this year! He only gets to be gone one personal holiday per year, right?! :-) He's about 4 for 8 on anniversaries, I think, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed his work doesn't send him anywhere this year! He did remember with a great email (and promise of a present) when it was Mother's Day in his part of the world yesterday afternoon, and called me today when it was Mother's Day here!