Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Bike Ride

After a few rain delays, we finally got out for our inaugural ride just before dinner. These pictures aren't great, since I was trying to take them after our ride and before the next big rain downpour. I'm feeling the pain in my legs already! I hadn't been on my bike since early 2009. I had actually forgotten what my bike looked liked, since I only rode it about three times in fall 2008- spring 2009 before I was too pregnant. (My original bike was stolen from our condo garage if you want to go back and see the blog posts from September 2008.)
Hey, how do I get this off now?
Yes, I'm adorable!
Howdy Mama! Sure glad I've got this rain shield today!
The trailer is called the Schwinn Scout. It's a two-seater, but the harnesses are set up that one child rides in the center using middle parts of each harness. I read that it's good to have the extra room for baby's carry-on items and the cooler or beach equipment, etc. We just rode a few laps through our neighborhood, and it was smooth when the pavement was smooth. Will and I both felt the couple of small potholes I took us through. The turning wasn't as hard as I imagined. It helped having Jason riding next to us as our spotter.