Sunday, March 6, 2011

Outside!

When I woke up this morning my goal was that we would get to spend some time "outside," which is one of Will's favorite things to do. Unfortunately, it's been very cold outside recently! Although there was still a dusting of snow on the ground from yesterday, it was sunny by 10 a.m. so I asked Will if he wanted to put on his snow boots and coat and join Rachel outside. As you can see, he was eager to do that! And, yes, footie pajamas serve dual purpose as a lightweight snow suit. The only addition I made to this outfit was his winter coat.
Unfortunately our time outside was mostly spent trying to catch Rachel. I made the mistake of letting her off of her tether because I thought she'd stay near us. Nope; she ran off and kept running off, all through the neighborhood. We finally caught up with her two streets away. I'm sure we were quite the sight: the woman dragging a dog by its collar and carrying the baby in his jammies and winter coat!
But, after lunch and naptime, it really warmed up and the snow melted. So, all the human members of the family put on jackets and gloves and sunglasses and went for a walk with Will in the jogging stroller. We kept choosing the turns that would make our walk longer; we didn't want to get home too fast since we were all soaking in the sunshine! Forty degrees and sunny is a welcome treat after what we've been having!

I can't remember what this scowl was about. I was probably just taking too long to get myself ready. He's dressed and has his snack and water, so it's obviously time to go NOW! :-)