Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Cute Picture


I didn't see this one on my phone earlier; I love the excitement on his face as the ducks and geese race across the pond to us!

New milestones:


  • First time wiping himself: after sitting on his potty (nothing), Will asked for a wipe, used it, and threw it away. I haven't ever encouraged his involvement in wiping, but since he was wiping away nothing, it was pretty harmless.

  • First time putting pants on himself: he put on his loose legged pajama pants completely by himself last night. He tried a tight pair today and got one leg half on before abandoning his efforts. For his other self-dressing attempts, he really wants to do his socks but can't get them stretched out wide enough. He can put his feet into his sandals completely and then just needs them buckled.

He's really stuck on the Rachel biting him story. I heard it about 10 more times tonight complete with his lecture and dismissive hand gestures to the absent Rachel: "Rachel, no bite my hand! No take my sandwich!" Consensus appears to be that since it's the only story in his repertoire that he's got to keep going back to it -- not that he's developed a fear of his dog.