We had our first kid birthday party at a professional party playground this weekend. My co-worker's daughter turned 5, so the crowd was work friends, daycare friends and their siblings. This is the picture of the party attendees. Will declined to participate in the photo op. He was just fine running wild at the party, but he if he was going to stand or sit still, he needed to cling to Mommy.

There was a football game that he liked a lot in the second room. The first room had four big bouncy houses/slides that we played on for 40 minutes; the second room had three plus the football game for another 40 minutes. The third room was pizza and cake. The party participants' coats and shoes were shuffled from room to room by the party people and collected on our way out.

Can you believe that's a 2 1/2 year old scaling the ladder? I went up with him the first time (not an easy feat) but as soon as I coached him to hold on to the handles, he was just fine on his own. He slid down a few times if he lost his footing, but he got back up. On the other side is a giant slide. I would have liked to go down more than the two times I went!