Yesterday was a beautiful day! I had planned to take Will out in the jogging stroller so I could walk Rachel at the same time. We got off to a rough start even getting dressed to go outside, and all sorts of screaming happened when I insisted upon the stroller instead of his wagon. Our compromise that he would walk (carrying his football) along with me and Rachel. We were two houses from home when Will told me he needed his bike! Great idea actually! We went home and exchanged the football for the tricycle and were off!Will LOVES to ride FAST! Although we made regular, but quick, stops to look at geese and ducks and to get back on course when Will veered off-road into the grass, he rode like a mad man for over 30 minutes! Once a bicyclist passed us (we were stopped) and this conversation took place:
W: He's riding a bike, too.
Me: That's right, look at how fast he's going!
W: My bike is faster.
On the last long block before our street, Will was obviously tired. He steered himself into the grass and/or bushes and fell over three times. But, each time, he laughed and said, "That was fun!" and got back on. Um, is this my child?
He got a second wind and wanted to play outside, which we did for another hour while I took the Christmas lights off of the bushes. I was hoping he'd take a great nap on the couch after all of that, but alas, it was not to be. We've given up formal weekend naps (usually only tricking him into sleeping in his car seat or the stroller due to the motion), but I thought his crazy riding would wear him out. Nope. He was sleepy, but didn't give in until 8:30 p.m. The two hours leading up to that wasn't pretty. . . .