Our last day at Walt Disney World was Hollywood Studios. We had a full day planned (8 a.m. rope drop through 9 p.m. Fantasmic), so we had the pool day and early dinner on Tuesday to rest up. This was the day I had most been looking forward to, since it has all of our family's favorites: Toy Story, Disney Junior, Star Wars, roller coasters, and fancy cupcakes!
Our first stop was the very popular Toy Story Midway Mania. The queue is a giant version of Andy's Room from Toy Story and the game is a 3-D shooting game.
For Will we also saw a Little Mermaid stage show; a Disney Junior interactive show starring the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Gang with cameo segments by Sofia, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Pirates; and Lights, Motors, Action stunt show.
For Jason and me, we took turns on Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith. I LOVED the coaster. I thought it was better than Space Mountain, and maybe better than Expedition Everest (although I need to do a comparison on the same trip).
We hoped to get Will onto the Star Tours 3-D ride, but he was a half inch too short. While he and I waited for Jason to ride first, we got to see part of the Jedi Training performance before it started raining AGAIN. We sat in a covered area eating cupcakes. Will's lunch dessert from Mama Melrose's was a "spaghetti and meatball" chocolate cupcake, and I got the famed Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls. I picked out a Darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcake for Jason. It must have been good; he didn't save me a bite!
After waiting out the rain a little more, we all enjoyed the Muppets 3-D Movie and then our only character meet-and-greet at the parks: Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater!
Around 5 p.m. we finished our list at Hollywood Studios and decided to walk to EPCOT. We had to snap this picture of the Sorceror on our way out.
At EPCOT, the Test Track single rider line was only 10 minutes so we each took a turn. Of course, somehow this whole process took an hour, so after each riding once, we got dinner in Norway before walking the mile back to the Studios for Fantasmic. This is a picture of the happy birthday boy with his bag full of new blasters. The Zurg Blaster is way cooler than the Buzz Blaster, but you have to get the good guy one, too!
We left the hotel at 7:15 and got home at 10:45. A super long, super fun day!
