Sunday, August 25, 2013

Diving Board


We unintentionally had the best day ever!  I didn't know until late Saturday night that I wouldn't need to work on Sunday, so we had no plans.   Will, Ryan and I were out picking vegetables in our garden on Sunday morning and were chatting with our neighbor, Lori, who said she was on the way to the subdivision pool.  She has told us numerous times that we were welcome to her guest passes, so I spontaneously asked if we could have some for that day.  Ryan was on his way back to the city for a barbecue, so just the three of went.  Will rode his bike and we walked.  It was our first time there, and Will's first time seeing diving boards.  He just had to jump!   The lifeguard and pool manager said he could go with his Puddle Jumper on as long as he could swim to the ladder and get out himself (i.e. we couldn't "catch" him).  He did!  I think he went about 8 times over the course of our 2 hours there.  Ironically, Lori was leaving just as we got there, so she didn't see the jumping, but Vanessa our neighbor on the other side was there with her husband and adult kids, so she was the one to take these pictures since I didn't take my phone.


Before we left for the pool, Will and Rachel were playing.  A very patient Rachel not only allowed Will to put his safety googgles from his tool box set on her but then posed for a photo.  Multiple dog treats, little boy giggles, and hugs were her reward.
After a few hours in the sun and playing in the pool, we went home and put on our pajamas (at 3 p.m.) and relaxed the rest of the day.  After dinner we went to Baskin Robbins to get the ice cream of the month (Oreos with salted caramel and peanuts) that we saw advertised.   We tried the one closest to our house but they were out of both the special AND regular Oreo ice cream.  We went to one a few miles away and they were out of the special but had regular Oreo ice cream.  Whew!  I wasn't sure we wanted to try a third or fourth store!