School was out for Columbus Day, so I took the day off and we had a mini getaway after weekend soccer and tennis were done. First up was Sunday lunch at 2 Toots Whistle Stop Grill. In addition to receiving your food from a train, the restaurant was next to the train tracks. We saw a freight train on our walk from the car and two more from inside the building. Each kids meal came with a whistle shaped like a train. We made sure William got all his toots out before he got in the car!
Our next stop was Key Lime Cove, a nearby waterpark hotel. We enjoyed a few hours of water slides and play before cleaning up for dinner at an Irish pub. After a bad start where William got his hand caught in the door to the restaurant, we settled down to a tasty dinner. John was so excited to try this crazy-named beer. He said if Big Bang Theory had a beer, this would be it. But now I don't remember if he liked how it tasted. . . .Back at the hotel, William was excited to crawl into his sleeping back on the couch for the night. I've learned traveling with him that it's a better idea to book the king bed plus couch instead of two beds. Otherwise I have to share a small bed with one of those guys and don't get much space!
Monday morning, William and I headed back to swim for a couple more hours while Daddy worked. We enjoyed many laps in the lazy river and wave pool, as well as more trips down the big slides and little slides. There was some great people watching there, too! We got home right before the downpour started that has now lasted more than 24 hours. Good thing our next vacation is on a boat!