Monday, October 20, 2014

Fantastic Fall

Today is a beautiful, sunny fall day with clear skies and temperatures in the 60s.  My new snow boots were delivered last week, so I know the tide could turn any second, but it's really a fantastic day today!   This past week we have had cool and cold temperatures.  On a cool evening (he chose to stuff his jacket in his backpack; I was wearing mine), I was walking William home from school and we found a hula hoop on the grass outside the school.  Since I told him it had to belong to someone - and, therefore, we couldn't take it home - we decided we'd just practice our moves for a few minutes before continuing on.  I got a picture of him; he didn't get a picture of me!
Soccer was cold again this week.  It was warmer at our house, so I didn't think we would need hats.  I was wrong. . . .Our friends offered him some extra ear muffs but he declined.  At least he has pants now! 
This was our last day of fall soccer, so they got their medals.  Will really did earn his season medal at just this game!  He scored 3 goals; made another 4 attempts on goal; and blocked at least 3 when he was goalie.  I think a lot of the other kids on his team weren't interested in playing in the cold, so he was the only one who wanted the ball!

William, Coach Bobby, and best buddy from daycare, Blake.