I can't believe William has already finished first grade! He had a great year. It was fun to see him blossom with his reading; have his love for math continues; and see his relationships develop with new and old friends. This year was also nothing short of a Mother Nature Miracle: no snow days! That means school got out before Memorial Day weekend! In the two years prior there were three days added on each year for snow/ice/flood days. I worked from home that day in order to volunteer as the morning greeter, which is mostly the job of signing in the tardy kids. A usual day is 6 or 7. On the last day there were 22! Guess everyone is ready for summer!
After school, I picked him up from YMCA early and asked if he wanted to do anything special. He picked Chuck E. Cheese - where we hadn't been since his 5th birthday, since we have never been to the new location that opened in January 2015! It was a good time - and he still had a voucher from his birthday party so we started with almost 1,000 points. We collected about 300 more and then cashed in for prizes and got Taco Bell for dinner. A truly magical day! Haha. Though, apparently this growing boy needs more than two items at Taco Bell. Shortly after we got home, he told me he needed another dinner but that he'd make it himself. He heated up a Smart Ones frozen pasta. I had to document it! He already makes his own breakfast and snacks; guess he doesn't need us except to stock the pantry and refrigerator.
While I was in India there was a school district wide art fair. The guys didn't go, though, because the note about William having art on display didn't come home until his backpack on Friday - for a show on Saturday - and the backpack wasn't read until Sunday after their Cub Scout campout. . . .I was disappointed that he didn't get to see his art on display, but it's prominently displayed in our home gallery!