The only good part about retiring early on Halloween is being well rested for my 6:30 a.m. Tuesday flight to Las Vegas for the Deloitte PPMD meeting. All the partners and managing directors with school aged kids took super early Tuesday flights. Those without kids at home or at least ones not of trick or treating age took leisurely travel options on Monday. It was great to see all of the PPMDs from various cities and our tremendous line up of speakers. Over 6,000 people were there, so you had to be intentional about finding people. Oh, and I got to watch the Cub win the World Series surrounded by all of my Chicago partners at the Delano Sports Book. The best was seeing the joy as one of our soon to retire partners called his son - and then his dad - in tears over the fact that the Cubs had won the World Series in his lifetime! What a week of celebration. Except for that sick kiddo at home and the cancelled vacation. . . .but Southwest made it easy enough to change my flight to head home instead of my original plan to meet the guys in LA. We all enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home after that.
I ran into a lot of people from Kansas City, including Jana (Reichenberger) Souder, my college sorority sister and bridesmaid who is an audit managing director! I don't think I've seen her in at least 10 years.
In our tax breakout the last morning, they had screens of everyone who had been admitted to the partnership or promoted to managing director in the two years since the last meeting. And thus concludes my year of celebrations as a new partner! I'll be the old one next round.
I ran into a lot of people from Kansas City, including Jana (Reichenberger) Souder, my college sorority sister and bridesmaid who is an audit managing director! I don't think I've seen her in at least 10 years.
In our tax breakout the last morning, they had screens of everyone who had been admitted to the partnership or promoted to managing director in the two years since the last meeting. And thus concludes my year of celebrations as a new partner! I'll be the old one next round.