We spent part of the hot, sunny Memorial Day weekend at the pool. And the rest of was spent car shopping. I love the pool! I hate car shopping! Luckily, our city has most of the car dealerships all within 2 blocks of each other and within 5 minutes of our house. So we just worked our way up the street to test drive the three SUVs that I was considering. I ended up driving 4 cars over 2 days and then bought my first ever brand new vehicle.
Bye bye Audi A4
I loved driving my little A4 for the past 6 years. I loved the fact that it was a compact car for parking and maneuvering. But it was too small too many times for "stuff" that I wanted to haul. That day in April when we drove William's new big bike home from the bike shop with its trunk flapping open and drizzle starting put me firmly in the buy an SUV camp!
But since this is my car to drive every day, I didn't want it to be too big. We were very surprised at how much we loved the BMW X3, so it made the decision easy! Our perfect combination of car and SUV. And we also bought a bike rack that fits on the hitch so we can haul all three bikes for trail riding! Family fun starts this summer!