Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

It was dark, 20 degrees and blustery when Rachel and I went out at 7 a.m. I checked on weather.com when we got back inside and the "feels like" temperature was 15. Luckily, the sun came out shortly afterwards, but the wind was still biting when I walked to the train at 8:15. I took the train that arrives immediately across from my building and didn't even divert to the Starbucks on my way in. I think I will shop for a hat this weekend! :-)

P.S. I have officially made the dog walking transition to my fully outfitted orange Columbia ski coat (circa 1997 - remember it?). I've been wearing the outer shell all fall, but now it's all lined in and zipped together and worn with a purple K-State ski cap and fleece gloves (and usually pink Crocs on my feet). At least I look "interesting" as I freeze!