Sunday, March 2, 2008

697 Miles

My car made its weekly trip to the grocery store today. Like a little old lady, I only drive it for errands and shopping. Jason put gas in it last week when we were out and joked that it was getting its quarterly fill-up. I was curious just how many miles I had logged and pulled out the paperwork from when the car was shipped out here as part of our move. From the day the car was delivered here on June 2, 2007, it has been driven 697 miles. That's in 9 months!

Jason's car gets driven a little more, but not too much. Since his car already had a lot more miles due to all of his driving with Belimo in Kansas City, we intentionally drive his car if we go on any roadtrips -- like when we drove out here for our move and when we went to Indiana for Thanksgiving. But even those trips are pretty few and far between. I guess our cars can enjoy another 15 months of the easy life before they, too, go back to the real world.