Wednesday, March 19, 2008

City Stories

I’ve been meaning to do a little back blogging about some of the interesting folks that I’ve seen on the streets (and I don’t just mean homeless people, but I see a lot of those, too).

Men on the street and subway having loud, long conversation with themselves both amuse and confuse me. I feel a little guilty – or at least awkward – about “eavesdropping” on the conversations. But I did get a good chuckle last fall when I noticed one of these fellows doing his monologue on the street carrying a KPMG tote bag! Almost as good at the Belimo t-shirt down the trash chute!

On a cuter note, there is a day care in basement of my office building. Everyone once in awhile, I’ll see a parent dropping a kid off. The funniest is when the day care takes the toddlers out for rides in the nice weather. They sit in these special little wagon strollers that have 6 or 8 car seats built in. There’s always at least one kid trying to get out or an empty seat where one has been let out and is walking with one of the teachers. When they’re all down walking, they hold onto a string of rings to keep them all in line.