We've had two weekends in a row without any big plans thanks to the flu. Last weekend was Jason's giant battle, which has continued through most of this week. That weekend started with the doctor on Thursday and a Friday sick day for work. I woke up Sunday feeling bad and ended up taking Monday off. From what I'm hearing, the flu has hit everyone in the past few months. I'm feeling much better now, and I think Jason is, too, although he's got a lingering cough.
Today's big outing was a trip to the Bed, Bath and Beyond at the strip mall for a new chef's knife. (We skipped a trip into Home Depot or Michael's, although I want to reassure everyone we have the exact same combination of stores here as in KC.) We contemplated an entire butcher's block knife set but realized we only had $50 in gift cards and 8 feet of kitchen counterspace. I'm anxious to see if I feel like Rachael Ray slicing and dicing with the one knife we did get! If so, I guess I can head back to the store for 2 more to use up the rest of my gift card!
We continued our suburban Saturday with a trip to Bertucci's for pizza. It's a pizza/pasta chain similar to an Old Chicago. They have delicious rolls that they bring to your table with olive oil dipping sauce. I had 3 before my pizza arrived, so I have almost all of my pizza leftover for lunch tomorrow!
Our yard is flooded from a constant drizzle of rain the past 3 days, but we just had a fun time chasing Rachel around in the dark through the puddles (on purpose). She needed to stretch her legs and we needed to laugh at her! Pretty sure she'll get a bath tomorrow.