Friday, May 8, 2009

38 Weeks

We've got our bags packed and we're ready for the baby to get here! Well, actually no bags are packed, but we do have the carseat installed and waiting in the car; the stroller is assembled and sitting next to the bassinet in the dining room; and dozens of outfits are washed and folded in the dresser. So that means we're ready, right?! I've been thinking about packing the bag this weekend just in case!

The survey closes in a few days, but I'm happy to see the majority of you so far think he'll be here a week early or punctual! Jason and I are hoping for next weekend or early that week (16th-19th would be great). You may have noticed from my clothing in the past few weeks that the temperature and humidity are picking up. . . .

Yesterday my co-workers hosted a baby shower for me. It was so much fun! We played baby BINGO, baby word jumble, and the ever popular - see who can cut the string the right length for the size of the pregnant lady's belly. My group is experienced with this last game due to previous baby showers, so they did very well. Three people were within 2 inches and one person was within 1/2 inch. If we had played the game after I ate all the cake, it would have probably been the exact same size!

Of course, the logistics behind getting presents home when you commute via subway is a little different. I took home all the outfits and board books last night stuffed into my computer bag and giant purse. Tonight I'm taking home all the toys and baby grooming products in a copier paper box! I could have just waited until Saturday to bring the car down, but I wanted to show Jason all the cute outfits last night. Almost all of them came with some type of hat or cap which was adorable. My intuition (baby pictures of myself and Jason) leads me to believe we'll have a baldy or just a touch of light brown hair, so hats are going to be important!

This weekend is just about relaxing. No plans that I'm currently aware of. Maybe Jason and I can work in one last date night!