Twenty-four hours ago, the alarm went off to get up to go to the hospital for our scheduled induction. I'm now wide awake after a 2 1/2 hour nap listening to the air-conditioner and my Pitocin drip and watching Jason sleep in our post-partum room. The Pitocin drip now is for helping my uterus work to contract to its original size instead of contract for delivery.
The baby is sleeping in the nursery, where we sent him at 3 a.m. so we could all sleep after our LONG day. I'll post more of a story and a picture later, but let's just say labor and delivery are HARD WORK!
The stats:
William Leidolf Shields
Born Friday, May 29, 2009
11:47 p.m.
7 pounds, 10 ounces
19 1/2 inches long
Pushed him out with 13 minutes to spare on 5/29, so we got the prize that the hospital was awarding to all 5/29 babies: a waived registration fee for setting up a Virginia 529 plan for your baby!
Oh, and Leidolf is in honor of Jason's grandparents, Bob and Evalin Leidolf, who were so instrumental in helping his mom (their only child) raise him. Since their name didn't continue, we wanted to give it to his son. Bob passed before I joined the family, but I enjoyed Evalin's feisty personality and tremendous love for family (including me!) for a half dozen years before her passing.