I must admit that I'm shocked to have to write this post; I was so certain that baby would be here early! :-) So much for my mother's intuition!! I know inquiring minds have been wanting to know if he's here yet. Nope, not yet. But he has to be here eventually! Right?!
Things I've been doing this week awaiting baby:- Walking, brushing, and napping with Rachel
- Walking on my own/with Jason
- Surfing the internet (thank you to all who update your blogs daily!!!)
- Watching daytime TV (starting Wednesday once I realized there is such a thing)
- Watching movies in the evening (why did all the season finales have to be last week?)
- Re-reading baby books in bed until they put me to sleep for a nap (although, in general, not sleeping great)
- Cooking and loading/unloading dishwasher
- Washing tiny loads of laundry to keep my favorite three things clean "just in case" I need them today to wear to the hospital.
- Getting out of the house to "go somewhere" at least once each day except Monday. I've now been to Safeway, Wal-Mart, PetsMart, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Barnes & Noble, the Mount Vernon Trail and the rec center pool. That sounds more ambitious than it really was, since all that "shopping" was over the course of just two trips.
I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning and had made a little more progress. My next appointment is Tuesday the 26th where we can discuss post-term induction options if he still hasn't arrived.
If he arrives tomorrow on his due date, my family members will get the big award for guessing correctly in the poll. If he's truly late, then all my friends who were overdue themselves win. Unfortunately, there is no prize except the baby arriving! We aren't offering up the naming rights or anything! :-)