Baby didn't make his entrance over the holiday weekend, so I had another doctor's appointment today. The midwife seemed surprised that I wasn't in active labor yet considering I am already 4 cm dilated and totally effaced, and the baby's head is "way down there."I had two different days last week where I had lots of contractions that made me think "today's the day!" but they went away after a half day or so without anything becoming regular enough to time. Apparently my uterus just isn't maintaining the contractions long enough to get things going. So, we're now on the induction calendar . . .
I just got off the phone with the hospital coordinator, and their next available induction time is Friday at 7:30 a.m. So, if I haven't delivered prior to that, I will be receiving a drip of pitocin to help get my contractions going and hopefully have a quick delivery of a healthy little boy!
UPDATE: Picture from Thursday evening 5/28. My brother said it's only fair for you to see what you're voting on in the poll! :-)