Friday, July 2, 2010

Toddler Room

Will's daycare teachers told Jason today that they're planning to promote him from the infant to toddler room in 30 days. They sent him home with a handout about it. That room is basically 15-24 month kids, and the biggest change is that they all nap at the same time (12:30-2:30) instead of at their choosing, and it is on a cot instead of a crib.

We knew this was coming in a few months. His infant room teachers have been working on the nap time for the past few weeks. But, I was hoping he could stay in the baby room for awhile longer since he loves his teachers so much and because he's so tiny! But, he's an experienced walker and explorer, so he's getting an early bump up. Maybe like his cousin Lily he's getting too helpful with the little babies in their bouncy seats! :-)

I love to see my baby sleeping!
Is this little guy really ready to play with two-year olds?!
In a few weeks, he'll go over to start visiting the Toddler Room to get accustomed to it. I'm sure he'll love all the space to run around and the new toys to explore. I mean, their daily schedule does have two segments assigned to "vigorous indoor play." :-)