Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chicago Architecture Foundation Tour

I think after this blog post that I'm caught up to real time. We had so many fun events in July that I didn't have time to post about them! I'm sure you don't mind. . .

Last weekend my friend Darcy came to visit; it was her first trip to Chicago ever so we had to see as much as possible in the short time she was here!

First up, the Chicago Architecture Foundation's boat tour. There are a lot of river and lake tours available, but the CAF tour is supposedly the best! I've been on this one and another, and I do agree this one was awesome!
Trump Tower and Wrigley Building in the background
Marina Towers: from the bottom there is boat parking, restaurants, car parking, and condos.

Wrigley Building
Sears Tower (now Willis Tower) Skydeck "Ledge" boxes demonstrating the awesome zoom on my camera. Can you see the people in there? It's 100+ stories up from the river.

Wrigley Building and Tribune Tower at night

Millenium Park's Bean at night
After our boat tour, we met up with my brother at a sushi restaurant where we all loved the food! However, I forgot that part of our purpose of meeting up with Ryan was the photo op at Wrigley Field and that was missed as we rushed to get a bus back downtown. I did make us stand in line at Garrett's for bags of "caramel crisp," which gave us plenty of energy to do our own walking tour down Michigan Ave. and through Millenium Park at night. I can't remember doing this before, so it was a big treat for me as well. I think I'm usually just heading from place to place and forget to look at the buildings!