Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Toddler Room Transition

It has been so balmy here that the camera lens fogged up when I turned on the camera. Makes for a neat shot though!

This week we've all been busy at work - especially Will as he tries to juggle his two classrooms of friends: the infants and the toddlers. The past few weeks he has visited the toddlers with his infant teacher, but starting yesterday he joined the toddlers as part of their class for morning activities. Today he stayed through lunch but left to nap in his old room. Tomorrow he stays through nap time. By Friday he is supposed to spend the entire day and on Monday we take him directly there in the morning.

It was fun to get two report cards today and see the difference. The toddler one had different sections than we were used which was fun. Ones like "my attitude today was," "I used my ears for listening" and "I participated in circle time."

I'm hoping his language skills will take off with other kids talking more. He's been making a lot more noise recently, so I feel like more "real" words should be coming. He repeats our sounds(vroooom, vrooom) but won't parrot words back at us. He has mastered Da-DA though. He and Jason practice that one a lot in the car, and it has the huge emphasis on the second part. It's pretty funny!