Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kansas State Football

Our final destination was Manhattan, Kansas for Will's first Kansas State football game at Bill Snyder Family Stadium!  We were blessed with beautiful weather, the best of friends, and Harley Day! 

Our tickets were on the shady side of the stadium, so after the half-time show, we went out to the parking lot to a tailgate in the sunshine and warm up a little.  Will and I were probably going to head on back to "Aiden's grandma's", but we randomly ran into someone at the tailgate whom I've known of for 15 years but never met.   After my freshman and sophomore years in college I lived in Topeka with Tara's parents, Glen and Nikki, who were so fantastically generous to let me stay there while I interned.  Their girls had already graduated from K-State and were off working their first real jobs, so I got to be the surrogate daughter.  
Tara's son and Will were buddies from the start.  If they weren't lounging and eating candy, they were throwing a football or making mischief. 

We didn't manage to get a good family photo since Will was mostly camera shy that day.  But we did take this silly one in the stands while we waited for the game to start. 
I also couldn't get any pictures of Will and his best buddy, Aiden.  Usually it's because they were too busy running around to stop for a photo!  So thankful that we can continue these great relationships we started in college with the next generation!