Monday, October 14, 2013

Roadtrip

We just got back from a roadtrip to Kansas.  I'm happy to report that Will was a good traveler, and we had an awesome weekend.  We left after school and work on Thursday and drove to West Des Moines.  It was a little further than we remembered and after a slow dinner stop, we arrived later than we expected.  But, Will and I had napped a bit in the car after dinner, so only Jason was tired and grouchy.  Here's Will checking out the pool in anticipation of a swim the next morning.  We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn where we've stayed before, so we knew what our swimming and breakfast options were.  We were happy to find an affordable "king suite" room that meant Will had his own couch in a room separate from us. 
I mostly posted the picture above to remind myself how funny (and hard on clothing) four year old boys are.  Look at those knees in his jeans! We just washed all his new 4T jeans before the trip, so these old 3Ts went in the trash the next morning.    As you can tell he loved having his own "couch bed."
These pictures are a combination of our drive to Kansas and our drive home.  After a few hours of playing in Manhattan City Park with Grandma Joni and Grandpa Roger, Will had all of these items in his pocket.  He carried them all day until unloading his pockets back in West Des Moined before bedtime.
Will was electronics free in the car the whole trip except for a 20 minute stretch when he looked through the pictures I took, took a few of his own, and watched Henry Hugglemonster on the Disney Junior app before my battery died.  I'm pretty impressed with his self-portrait here.  This was the first one.  I didn't realize he had taken about 30 more until I looked at my phone later.  They were all dark, so not sure what buttons he was pushing.