I worked at home yesterday so I could take Will to his swimming lesson and wanted to brag on him a little; he did such an awesome job! I'm not sure if the fact that he swam Friday, Sunday and Monday leading up to his Wednesday lesson made a difference, or if he just had the right attitude this week.
He was doing all the exercises that his teacher asked, including swimming from the steps to the platform with his face in the water and using huge leg kicks. I was just thrilled! I'm so excited to see him get more comfortable in the water.
It also may have helped that his last two lessons were private lessons. At this swim school, classes run continuously so kids move in and out of sessions as they progress. Both kids that were there when he started last month were better swimmers so I think they've moved up. But no one new has joined yet, so it's just him!
We actually want to move him to a later time slot because it's painfully hard to get him to lessons on time now. But, with the private lesson set up, we're going to make the effort to stay in the current class and just figure if we're a few minutes late he'll still get as good of a lesson as when he shared his 30 minutes with two others!
A trip from our house to the swim school would be less than 10 minutes without traffic. But first we have to go in the opposite direction to pick up from school. Then we drive back through several high traffic areas. It's absurd how long it takes to get around in rush hour traffic. It's (usually) super convenient to live so near the train stations and the interstate but that also means there are a lot of other people going the same routes we are to/from those places during peak periods. To get to swimming on time, we really need to leave our house an hour before the lesson starts. Big city fun, huh?! But as I said, since he's got the private lesson set-up, we're going to just try to leave home that early to get him there. Once someone joins his class we'll pick a more respectable time like 6:45 instead of 5:45!
He was doing all the exercises that his teacher asked, including swimming from the steps to the platform with his face in the water and using huge leg kicks. I was just thrilled! I'm so excited to see him get more comfortable in the water.
It also may have helped that his last two lessons were private lessons. At this swim school, classes run continuously so kids move in and out of sessions as they progress. Both kids that were there when he started last month were better swimmers so I think they've moved up. But no one new has joined yet, so it's just him!
We actually want to move him to a later time slot because it's painfully hard to get him to lessons on time now. But, with the private lesson set up, we're going to make the effort to stay in the current class and just figure if we're a few minutes late he'll still get as good of a lesson as when he shared his 30 minutes with two others!
A trip from our house to the swim school would be less than 10 minutes without traffic. But first we have to go in the opposite direction to pick up from school. Then we drive back through several high traffic areas. It's absurd how long it takes to get around in rush hour traffic. It's (usually) super convenient to live so near the train stations and the interstate but that also means there are a lot of other people going the same routes we are to/from those places during peak periods. To get to swimming on time, we really need to leave our house an hour before the lesson starts. Big city fun, huh?! But as I said, since he's got the private lesson set-up, we're going to just try to leave home that early to get him there. Once someone joins his class we'll pick a more respectable time like 6:45 instead of 5:45!