Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Day

We had a lovely Easter day today!  Will didn't seem to be expecting an Easter basket this morning, so he was THRILLED to find all the fairly practical goodies awaiting him (Mickey shirt, Dinosaur shirt, bubbles, Play-doh, Disneyland autograph book, and an egg of M&Ms).   He even skipped breakfast in order to play with the new  Play-doh.
 
Luckily, we have some awesome neighbors, and someone (I still haven't figure out who) left a surprise egg hunt for us in the front yard!  We discovered it as we pulled out of the garage to head to Ryan's.  We detoured for a few minutes to pick up the eggs!   

I love this action shot of Will racing the eggs back to his basket, which is left sitting in one spot.  Instead of carrying his basket from egg to egg, he picked up a handful and carried them back to the basket.
Wow, look at this big boy!  We are in year #5 of this ducky basket.  He still likes it, so I keep reusing it every year.


Will also helped me make a bunny cake to take to Ryan's today.  He put sprinkles on the bow tie, colored the coconut green, and ate all of the leftover frosting out of the tub.  We had a great lunch and afternoon at Ryan's.   The highlight (besides the food) was definitely playing games in the park.  Turns out Will is pretty good with a frisbee.  Turns out I am pretty bad at badminton!