Saturday, April 26, 2014

School Carnival

The elementary school had their annual "Spring Fling" on Friday evening, and I had heard that it was open to families even if the kids aren't in school yet.   It ended up being like the Easter egg hunt: the whole neighborhood turned out!   I bought $10 in tickets and that ended up covering our games and dinner.  Not too shabby for a Friday night date!  It was also a fun way for Will to get to go inside the school for the first time. 
Will was exceptional at the games.  I was honestly a little surprised.  I guess not too surprised on the putt-putt (he made it in two) since he golfs at home and has done putt-putt a few times.  The funniest part was probably that he started putting right handed first and I had to remind him to turn it around.  He usually plays with his left handed clubs at home, and I don't think he realized this putter could be turned around.

If the golf wasn't a surprise, the basket sure was!  I was actually just taking a picture to have to show Jason how big it was (and how it was obviously a waste of tickets).  Will sunk the first basket and then got pretty close on the other four.  So crazy!
The frog flipper game made me laugh, because I remember this game from 30 years ago.   There was also a cake walk (and some very yummy looking treats) but, alas, Will did not want to try.   We played in the bounce houses, ate some pizza and ice cream, and then headed home.  A really fun way for the two of us to spend our Friday night!