Since our last three vacations were to Walt Disney World, we decided to shake things up with a trip to the other coast and see Disneyland in California! Actually, Will was finally tall enough to ride the newest addition to the parks: Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land. I saw an advertisement for Cars Land's grand opening on the in-room TV on our first trip to WDW in September 2012. I wanted to go to DL the next year for Will's 4th birthday but I was worried he wouldn't be tall enough, so we went back to WDW instead. Good thing, because he was half an inch too short last year at this time. This year, he was two inches taller and ready to ride!
It took us most of Saturday to get to Orange County, so after unpacking our bags at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, we walked across the parking lot to Disneyland Hotel for a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Will got the hang of the autograph books and character meals at our Christmas trip so we went for it again. I wasn't excited about having to eat a buffet dinner, but it was what fit our schedule. Except for dessert, the food wasn't very tasty (even though it was plentiful), but there was a chance to meet Goofy, Peter Pan, Pluto, Chip, Minnie and Mulan in less than two hours.
After dinner, we walked back to our hotel in time to catch Disneyland's fireworks show from our pool deck. I'm really glad we got to see and hear them that night so that we only had to see them in park one other time before I got my fill.
It took us most of Saturday to get to Orange County, so after unpacking our bags at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, we walked across the parking lot to Disneyland Hotel for a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Will got the hang of the autograph books and character meals at our Christmas trip so we went for it again. I wasn't excited about having to eat a buffet dinner, but it was what fit our schedule. Except for dessert, the food wasn't very tasty (even though it was plentiful), but there was a chance to meet Goofy, Peter Pan, Pluto, Chip, Minnie and Mulan in less than two hours.
After dinner, we walked back to our hotel in time to catch Disneyland's fireworks show from our pool deck. I'm really glad we got to see and hear them that night so that we only had to see them in park one other time before I got my fill.