Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas at Disney - Final Day

On our last day, we donned Classic Mickey shirts and headed to Epcot.   (Only John is still sporting the original!  He did get a new one in his Christmas stocking but is saving it for a future trip.)   Our plans included Test Track, breakfast at The Land, the aquarium, Spaceship Earth, pin trading and exploring some of the new construction.  The guys rode Mission Space and then went miniature golfing while I walked back to Beach Club to work for the afternoon.
 


 First up was Pluto!

 
Then Mickey!  William showed him the "Angry Mickey" trading pin he'd gotten earlier in the day!  We all agreed farm life was better for his disposition.

 
 
 Then Chip, whose pin he also had, and who borrowed his hat for the photo.




Dale was our last visitor and he had a lot to "say" and write in the autograph book.   Especially since his pin in the Chip 'n Dale set that William had collected was far better than the Chip pin! 


 



 


After brunch we had some time to kill before our Spaceship Earth Fastpass, so we enjoyed the sunshine and the views!   And then we walked through the aquarium and learned so much!  We've been there multiple times but I always feel like I'm seeing something new.   We enjoyed watching the dolphins which I didn't realize were there.

 

William's final collection of trading pins.  This was the first time he had done pins, and he mostly traded with cast members, although the Boba Fett was from a hotel guest.   I bought him the lanyard and 10 pins from a neighbor before we left and he traded off all but one of them (flag Mickey head).   He also got some Stitch and Pandora pins in his Christmas stocking so that he ended up with 14 or 15 total.   It was fun to do something different.


I grabbed myself a Grand Marnier slushy in France on my way back to the resort and then set up in the common room of the villas for my conference call and work.  You can tell that I only had a half day at Disney that last day with how my steps dropped off!