We spent our traditional Thanksgiving Day and day after in the Indianapolis area with John's siblings, parents and their families. We packed Thanksgiving, Christmas and November/December birthdays all into one day, but apparently I didn't take any photos of those festivities! I'll borrow this group photo of the grandkids lined up from youngest to oldest:
William (10), Lexi (10), Jake (almost 11), Lily (11), Carter (18), Ali (almost 20)
The Friday after Thanksgiving has its own traditions. Jake and William play video games at Jake's house for hours on end, the guys go to a local beverage establishment (and most years to Best Buy or similar to get Pat a new TV!), and the older kids and ladies go to the Carmel Christkindlmarket. The market has gotten so much better over the last three years as it has grown.
The cordoned off snow just makes me laugh.
I never knew there was more than one kind of gluwein. At the Chicago and Naperville Christkindlmarkets you just order gluwein! Here there were 8 or more flavors to choose between. So instead I chose glubier! It was a warm beer and was tasty. It paired nicely with my favorite roasted pecans. I usually love a crepe or a raclette as well, but I had eaten lunch at the hotel right before we left and wasn't hungry enough for those. Next time I'll plan better!
