Friday, July 18, 2008

The Complete Picture

This masterpiece hangs over the fireplace at my parents' house. Well, over half the fireplace. There is an identical one for my brother (for those of you who have seen us together, you know the word identical is used in its literal sense).

Each picture is my school photo for the year as they go around the "clock" frame with kindergarten in the 12 spot and my "professional" senior picture in the middle. So, in the 3 o'clock window is poodle hair from the 3rd grade. I think my coolest years were 4th and 5th grade.

You probably can't see the details, but trust me on the following statistics:

Braces in 5 photos, although I never remember having bad teeth to start with.

New school-year perm in 5 photos. I haven't had a perm in 18 years, but my hair is still wavy. You can tell in my early pictures that I originally had straight hair.

Glasses in zero photos! Although, I did get glasses in 7th or 8th grade and wore them sporadically until my 10th grade year, I didn't consider them a regular part of my identity. The same cannot be said for when my "twin" brother and I got our bright green contacts.