Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New York City

Here are some pictures from our trip to NYC. It's really hard to take pictures of tall buildings, so although I took ones of Trump Tower, etc, they didn't turn out well enough to post.

Hello Deli next to Letterman's studios. This was the first thing I saw when I exited the subway, and I recognized it immediately. I didn't check to see if Rupert was behind the counter!

Letterman's studio - the second thing I saw.

The cart where I bought my falafel pita.

Radio City Music Hall
This is across the street from Rockefeller Center and NBC studios, but I didn't get any pictures of those.
The American Museum of Natural History on the west side of Central Park - this is where the Ben Stiller movie about the overnight museum guard and the animals coming alive was filmed.

Brooklyn Bridge

The view to Brooklyn from Lower Manhattan. This is the heliport pier for downtown. I guess for the "high flying" commuters!

New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street

The Kansas City Royals Statue of Liberty
It was hazy the day we were in Lower Manhattan, so I didn't get any good shots of the "real" Lady Liberty. However, to advertise the All-Star game, there were statues throughout town for all the teams.