Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not Normal Monday

Remember on my Sunday evening post how I was hoping for a Monday where we could all get back to our normal schedule? I must have jinxed it! I woke up at 4 a.m. on Monday morning with the same stomach bug that was ailing Jason starting on Friday night! Boo! I had to stay home from work yesterday (not easy to do this time of year. . . ) and half rest-half work. Thankfully, Jason is feeling better, and Will seems to be back to his normal routine. I'm back at work today and feeling mostly better.
On Thursday when I dropped Will off at daycare (you know, an hour before he got sent home. . .), I told his teacher to start having him sample the school lunch veggies. Yesterday he had a "few bites" of mashed potatoes and green beans in addition to his Gerber fruit. He's always so exhausted at the end of the day that he falls asleep on the way home from daycare (see picture) and we have to wake him up for a quick dinner. So we don't have a lot of time to experiment with eating during the week. Therefore, I think he's a little behind schedule on eating "real foods" and self-feeding. I must say that he LOVES the expensive organic baby yogurt that I bought him! :-) That's been our biggest foray out of Gerber or homemade pureed veggies.
A fourth tooth snuck in on the bottom while awaiting tooth #3 on the top. It's pretty hard to see the new top tooth coming in, but this new bottom tooth is easy to spot while he's smiling and laughing.
This picture is from a week or two ago, but he happens to be wearing this exact outfit again today. It's my current favorite. Jason must like it too, because he picked it today.