Thursday, May 12, 2011

Can He Read?!

On Saturday we learned Will could say the word pizza. This morning, we learned he could read the word pizza. Maybe? Sort of? As far as I know, they don't eat pizza at daycare, and we don't order it at home more than once a month, so I was really surprised he said the word so easily (and often) after I told him that's what we were having for dinner on Saturday night.
But the real surprise was this morning. We were stopped at a stop sign and he said, "pizza." I looked over and there was a big sign that said PIZZA advertising for a strip mall restaurant. And there may have been another sign with a picture of a slice. We have never stopped at this particular place for our pizza, nor has Will been along for a carryout at any pizza, so I guess he's just brilliant! :-) Ironically, he doesn't seem to love pizza and eats only a few bites of his slice before asking for more fruit or whatever else is being served with it.