Luckily by baby/boy (baby boy) is still a Mama's boy, so I get lots of giggles, hugs, kisses, and most of all, opportunities to hold him.
On this last weekend of being 23 months old, we took a Saturday morning walk to Dunkin Donuts. He wore jammies; I wore yoga pants. We both ate munchkins. It was fun! On the way we saw a fire engine (insert Will sound effects: whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo) and lots of puppies, ducks, geese and birds - all his favorites.
On Sunday we went with Daddy to return some things at the mall. It got boring for both of us, so we rode the carousel for the first (and second) time ever! Big hit! First ride was on a panda bear and the second was a black horse. Bear is one of my favorite words to hear him say.
This past week he has started saying "I need" for everything. Some phrased like, "I need more," and "I need Mommy," make sense. "I need all done" needs some work. He has also tried the potty at school several times. I think it's because of his new love for the word chair and it's just another place to sit. At school that have real toilets; they're just low to the ground. At home he likes me to hold him on the toilet but is petrified of his potty seat. I don't think we'll be potty training anytime soon though. He still doesn't seem to have a grasp for what the toilet is for. Or at least he doesn't seem aware of the fact that he's peeing (based on his obliviousness to it when he does it in the bathtub) or pooping (since he says he hasn't about half the time he's got a full diaper). I've always heard closer to 2 1/2 or 3 for boys, so no worries.