There has been a learning curve with Will's new feeding independence. Somedays he eats a ton; somedays he tries to wiggle out of his chair before I even have any food on the tray. It seems like the days I try to make his something special (cheesy scrambled eggs, cheese quesadila, chicken and steamed carrots, to name a few), he's not interested in eating. And then there's today when he enjoyed the random food I put in front of him: an appetizer of whole wheat goldfish crackers and his main course of toasted frozen waffle smeared with applesauce and a side dish of cubed kiwi fruit. I mean, what sort of mother serves that for dinner?! It's just what was handy and kept him busy while I unloaded the groceries and the dishwasher. The waffles were new. Plain were boring, but once the applesauce was added, he shoveled in the bites.
Combining two of Will's favorites: playing with his plastic food containers and looking out the window. And rarely is there something in one hand and not the other; he has to be able to hit them together.
What?! We're not going outside?