The Clown one was always really hard to play with due to that bulky outfit. On the back half of the table are the other dolls and stuffed animals that my parents snuck in. We'd only agreed that they'd bring the CPK dolls. :-)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
When Cabbage Patch Kids Invade!
Anyone need a Cabbage Patch Kid? My prized possessions of childhood arrived in the trunk of my parents' car last weekend when they were here for Easter. I unpacked them yesterday and laid them all out on our pool table to assess their condition after 18 years in cardboard boxes. I'm sad to say that although I recognize all of them, I only remember the order that I got them in for the first 5. The next 16 are a bit of a blur. :-)
The baby ones in front all smell like baby powder. Unfortunately, that seems to cause a discoloration of their plastic faces. The girl baby already had that before I packed them away. The boy in yellow has it now. The boy in blue is the one that I've decided William gets as his toy.
The World Traveler (Tania from Spain) is one of my favorites. The pink sweatsuit one next to her is Oriana (The First!).

The Clown one was always really hard to play with due to that bulky outfit. On the back half of the table are the other dolls and stuffed animals that my parents snuck in. We'd only agreed that they'd bring the CPK dolls. :-)
The Clown one was always really hard to play with due to that bulky outfit. On the back half of the table are the other dolls and stuffed animals that my parents snuck in. We'd only agreed that they'd bring the CPK dolls. :-)