Saturday, November 23, 2013

EPCOT and Animal Kingdom

Saturday was rainy from the time we woke up until 3 p.m.  Luckily we didn't have to be there for rope drop since we had FastPass+ for the attractions we wanted (Soarin', Test Track and Illuminations), because we were tired after being at MVMCP until almost midnight.   EPCOT had a huge Christmas tree dividing Future World from the World Showcase, but that was the extent of the decorations that I noticed.  We started the day at Soarin' around 9:30 before hitting up Starbucks for coffees and cupcakes for breakfast.  Then we rode Will's favorite ride at EPCOT:  Test Track!  We used our room keys to another set of Fast Passes for later in the evening so we could ride again.

We did rider swap on Mission Space (can you say claustrophic?!) and then rode Ellen's Energy Adventure before lunch.   Will fell asleep in our booth in Mexico, and then kept sleeping after we moved him back to his stroller once we finished eating.  We walked around a bit since the rain had mostly stopped and then decided to go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours. 
Animal Kingdom also had a huge tree outfront.   The next day we'd see our third of these trees at Hollywood Studios.   We arrived just as the Jingle Jammin' Parade was going by.   After it passed us, we followed it toward Dinoland where we rode Dinosaur and then Tricerotops spin (Dumbo with dinosaurs) to cheer up Will after the scary Dinosaur ride.  Then Jason and I each rode Everest once before we headed back to EPCOT.


At EPCOT we rode Spaceship Earth (the big ball) then had dinner.  We had FP+ for Illuminations that night, which I had never seen before.   On our way, I noticed that the Character Spot was walk-in, so we said a quick hello to Mickey and Minnie before claiming our spot by the water for the show.


Wishes at Magic Kingdom is my absolute favorite thing about Disney World.  I can't say I was as impressed with Illuminations.  Not sure if I was tired, or if the "Reflections of Earth" theme just doesn't wow me as much at fireworks with the backdrop of Cinderella's castle.  Glad I saw it but I will choose Wishes over it or Fantasmic anytime!