We spent all of Sunday - our last day in Orlando - at Hollywood Studios. I was able to get this almost entirely empty street picture as we walked in for our breakfast an hour before the park opened. This park has some of our family's favorite rides: Toy Story Midway Mania and Star Tours; and my favorite roller coaster (Aerosmith's Roll 'n Roller Coaster). And, finally, it has an awesome "spectacle" of lights for the holiday season that we enjoyed seeing.
The highlight of the day was Will's Jedi Training and all thing Star Wars, but I'll cover that in a separate post. Since we had such a big breakfast, we ate a late lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby's newly opened lounge on their patio. Our wait was zero and the people watching fantastic! They serve bar foods, but also signatures from their menu. I tried two of the signatures: Cobb salad (fantastic!) and Grapefruit cake (kinda gross!)They also have a margarita flight that they serve at the lounge. I had pre-screened that on blogs in advance of the trip, but the heat was getting to me that day and I didn't want any alcohol. Next time! After we finished our lunch around 4, we rode Star Tours again (5th time? 6th time?) and then watched Indiana Jones Stunt show. Just as we were leaving the show, we heard the roar of the crowd of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights being turned on.
The lights "dance" to music and fake snow falls from the sky. We got a few good pictures of us on the Photopass that I'll have to upload after I get the CD. I'm glad we got to see this. I'm also glad they turned them on a half hour earlier than I was expecting. Because we were exhausted after getting to the park at 7:45 a.m. and having sunny and 80 degree temperatures. We left the park at 6:45 p.m: exhausted but pleased with another great trip! I was up at 5 a.m. on Monday morning to fly to Dallas for work for the week. I left the guys sleeping since their flight home wasn't until closer to noon.