We semi-regularly eat lunch at Panera with Will, and we've been out to a pancake house for brunch a few times. But we've only had dinner out a few times - mostly because we aren't out on weekend evenings. Saturday we decided to tackle errands after Will's afternoon nap. After we stocked up on snow gear for Will at REI, it was dinner time. We tried Rock Bottom Brewery but the line was too long. I wanted the California Pizza Kitchen next door to it, but Jason vetoed. So, we went across the parking lot to Red Robin. I was very impressed - from the less than 10 minute wait, to the quick mac 'n cheese, to the refills of mandarin oranges, to the football playing on TVs (boy, this kid loves football!), to the balloon on the way out. Oh, and Jason and I each had time to enjoy our adult beverage since Will was content and not fussing about the fact that it was an hour past his bedtime. He's actually very well behaved (usually) when we eat out, because he likes to eat and he loves to people watch.
And so there it is. In the week leading up to Thanksgiving, I am thankful for restaurants that hand out crayons and serve milk in plastic cups with straws.
[Editor's note: the picture is pb&j at home for lunch on Saturday. I had managed to clear his plate but not wash his face before he popped his pacifier back in to chew on. Better to bite the pacifier than people!]